Benefits of Accreditation
Striving for Excellence: Accreditation as a Path to Quality
OARTY supports independent third-party accreditation as a further means of improving service excellence.
- Accreditation is pursued in order to validate an agency’s quality and to verify that they are striving for excellence.
- Accreditation is best viewed as an ongoing process of agency-wide improvement and development through which an agency or program strives for excellence. It is a process of recognizing and assessing agencies and programs against accepted standards of performance, integrity, and quality.
Program Wide Improvement: The Benefits of Accreditation
The advantage of accreditation is that it is a single transparent and repeatable approach, which improves consistency, resulting in better risk management. Some of the many benefits include:
- Provides a credible, independently verifiable method of differentiating accredited organizations from non-accredited organizations that may not adhere to important industry standards
- Documents that the agency/program is true to its own foundational statements
(mission, philosophy, and goals)
- Promotes on-going organizational education and improvement through a continuous process of self-assessment
- Sets standards of excellence / affirms that the agency meets standards of quality established by an independent third-party
- Provides validation of the credibility through a voluntary, peer review process
- Provides agencies with a template for high quality services, administration, and governance
- Provides public assurance of quality
- Promotes accountability
- Provides a complete review and written documentation of the program
- Identifies areas of strength and weakness within the organization
- Gives the organization an opportunity to self congratulate for quality services provided
- Gives purpose and direction for long-range strategic planning
- Enables agencies to differentiate themselves in the marketplace
- Enhances services to children and families
- Works as a staff and management team building activity as the organization continues its quality improvement objectives
Accredited Member Programs
For a listing of all accredited member agency programs as listed on IRIS (Integrated Residential Information System), please click here.